Citizens of Earth, get ready for your Cassini close-up: once again the spacecraft is preparing to capture images of Saturn positioned between it and the Sun, allowing for incredible views of the ring system and its atmosphere — and also a tiny “pale blue dot” in the distance we call home.
Read the rest of Say Cheese: Cassini to Snap Another “Pale Blue Dot” Picture of Earth (491 words)
About 70 pages into The Milky Way, An Insider’s Guide, a strange craving for hamburgers overtook me.
Read the rest of Book Review: The Milky Way, An Insider’s Guide (550 words)
High-altitude winds on neighboring Venus have long been known to be quite speedy, whipping sulfuric-acid-laden clouds around the superheated planet at speeds well over 300 km/h (180 mph). And after over six years collecting data from orbit, ESA’s Venus Express has found that the winds there are steadily getting faster… and scientists really don’t know why.
Read the rest of Venus’ Winds Are Mysteriously Speeding Up (473 words)
The Digital Learning Foundation is a registered Educational Charity, SC036588 and a Non-Profit Company Limited by Guarantee, SC282280.
The DLF is dedicated to assisting educators and students adopt new technologies and integrate them into everyday teaching and learning, while inspiring, motivating and making it fun!
Recent blog posts
- Making Maths Education Relevant : Conrad Wolfram
- The Beauty Of A Second : Competition
- Feet CT Scan Present3D Volume Render
- Preview : The Story of Electricity : BBC
- New Messenger Data From Mercury
- Prof John Ellis Interview
- drawing (on) riverside : the process
- Kepler Finds First Planet Candiates In Habitable Zone
- How to : Looping Video on iPod
- Opportunity Celebrates 7 years on Mars
- Bullying and suicide among youth is a public health problem
- City slicker or country bumpkin
- Origins of 'The Hoff' crab revealed
- Older males make better fathers says new research on beetles
- Research shows moves to ban pay-to-delay deals are justified
- Scientists discover new details about rice blast, a deadly plant fungus
- The discerning fruit fly: Linking brain-cell activity and behavior in smell recognition
- Key protein is linked to circadian clocks, helps regulate metabolism
- Twice weekly iron supplementation to pregnant women as effective as a daily regime
- Male on male consensual sex and sexual assault common in South Africa