Posting Stereo Video to YouTube 3D
So, you want to put your 3D videos on YouTube and you would like to be able to access all those cool 3D options, but you haven't been able to find any info that tells you what to do.... well, let me pass on what I have found out so far.... not much, but better than nothing.
First, to be able to see the 3D options, it appears that you need to be viewing the video on the YouTube site. It doesn't seem to work for embedded videos ( if you know how to make 3D work with embedded video please let me know! ). Go here to see the original on YouTube.
Then you need a stereo movie that you have prepared in side by side mode and have saved to YouTube. Now in the "Video Information" section either of the upload page or the "edit video" option of the YouTube header menu, you add the appropriate tags..
The available tags are :
yt3d:enable=true Enables the view mode.
yt3d:aspect=3:4 Sets the aspect of the encoded video.
yt3d:swap=true Swaps the left and right sources. You may need to add this to videos when the player with fixed anaglyph modes ships. Apologies for the inconvineince.
yt3d:left=0_0.1_0.5_0.9 and yt3d:right=0.5_0.1_1_0.9 These tags are very provisional and most useful for fixing up old videos. They set the source area for each eye as pairs of coordinates x1_y1_x2_y2. The scale of these coordinates is 0,0 for the the top left down to 1,1 for the bottom right.
For my video I used the (yt3d:enable=true) to give the stereo option and (yt3d:swap=true) to swap the left and right eyes so that the anaglyph options would display correctly. I believe there is a bug which currently causes the eyes to be swopped.
Hope this helps and look forward to seeing your 3D videos on YouTube.
The Digital Learning Foundation is a registered Educational Charity, SC036588 and a Non-Profit Company Limited by Guarantee, SC282280.
The DLF is dedicated to assisting educators and students adopt new technologies and integrate them into everyday teaching and learning, while inspiring, motivating and making it fun!
- Stereo Movies available to download :
- Present3D now supports CLUT with DICOM Volumes!
- Gravity Challenge : Southern Tour Best Movie
- News : Gravity Challenge : North Ayrshire
- Gravity Challenge
- Current Events :
- Recent Events
- New Messenger Data From Mercury
- Gravity Challenge : North Ayrshire Results
Recent blog posts
- Cloud Chamber Particles
- The Particle at the End of the Universe : Sean Carroll
- Demystifying Mass : Sean Carroll
- Making Maths Education Relevant : Conrad Wolfram
- The Beauty Of A Second : Competition
- Feet CT Scan Present3D Volume Render
- Preview : The Story of Electricity : BBC
- New Messenger Data From Mercury
- Prof John Ellis Interview
- drawing (on) riverside : the process
- Sweet genes
- A young star's age can be gleamed from nothing but sound waves
- New satellite data like an ultrasound for baby stars
- Gene discovered that activates stem cells for organ regeneration in Planarians
- Smithsonian scientist and collaborators revise timeline of human origins
- Controversial clues of 2 'Goldilocks planets' that might support life are proven false
- Columbia researchers observe tunable quantum behavior in bilayer graphene
- Doing something is better than doing nothing for most people, study shows
- Discovery expands search for Earth-like planets
- Oklahoma quakes induced by wastewater injection, study finds