Start a Presentation as normal using the on screen menu or the P3D loader application. You can also start from the command line :
Starting a Presentation using the command line
Open terminal and "cd" change directory to the location where the Present3D presentation file is located. Then run using the command:
The presentation file.xml will be loaded.
Moving through your slides
The following key commands will allow you move throw the presentation slides in different ways.
The left and right arrow keys allow movement back and forward through the slide in a presentation.
The up and down arrow keys allow movement through the layers in each slide.
The "g" key will start the presentation running in auto-play mode.
The "h" key will stop a presentation running in auto-play mode.
The "n" key will auto step through the slides and their layers.
The diagonal keys beside the "help" and "del" will jump between the first and last slide respectively.
The "p" key will pause all rotations and movies.
The "o" key will resume all rotations and movies.
The "r" key will reset the slide, so all movies/animations will start from the beginning.
The "c" key will hide the cursor.
The escape key will exit Present3D
Interacting with objects
A three button mouse is useful when interacting with presentation content. However a single button mouse can be used, and the modifier keys "alt" and "command" can be used to replicate the middle and right buttons respectively.
The three buttons do as follows:
Right button with up and down movements will cause the object to zoom in and out respectively.
Left button will object to be rotated.
Middle Button will move the position of the object in 3D space.
The "space" key will reset the object to its default position.
The "l" key toggles dynamic lighting on and off.
The "k" key will allow you to move the light source if your model has normals.
The “w” key will change the model to wireframe view
When using Volumetric data, the "a" key separates the data by luminance and the "t" key will increase the transparency of the volumes layers.
When using Point Cloud data. the "+" and "-" keys will increase and the decrease the point size of the data.
Present3D has four main manipulators, Trackball, Flight, Drive and Terrain.
Using the Trackball Manipulator
This is toggled on or off by using the "1" key.
This works as described above.
Using the Flight Manipulator
This is toggled on or off by using the "2" key.
The left mouse button will cause acceleration and the right mouse button will cause deceleration or a backwards movement. Clicking both the left and right mouse button will cause an emergency stop.
The up and down mouse movements will cause a decent or lift motion respectively.
The left and right mouse movement will cause a banking left and right respectively.
To move straight centre the mouse on the screen.
Using the Drive Manipulator
This is toggled on or off using the "3" key.
The left and right mouse buttons will cause acceleration and deceleration respectively.
The left and right mouse movements will cause a left and right turn respectively.
The "6" and "9" will cause an upwards or a downwards look.
Using the Terrain Manipulator
The right mouse button and push up/pull down to zoom in/out.
The left mouse button and move the mouse to translate the models position.
The middle button to rotate or travel over the surface of the model, when close in terrain following will be enabled.
Other key Commands
The "z" key will start recording a motion path. Pressing "Z" (shift-z) will stop the recording.
The "f" key will toggle between full screen and windowed mode.
The Digital Learning Foundation is a registered Educational Charity, SC036588 and a Non-Profit Company Limited by Guarantee, SC282280.
The DLF is dedicated to assisting educators and students adopt new technologies and integrate them into everyday teaching and learning, while inspiring, motivating and making it fun!
Recent blog posts
- Making Maths Education Relevant : Conrad Wolfram
- The Beauty Of A Second : Competition
- Feet CT Scan Present3D Volume Render
- Preview : The Story of Electricity : BBC
- New Messenger Data From Mercury
- Prof John Ellis Interview
- drawing (on) riverside : the process
- Kepler Finds First Planet Candiates In Habitable Zone
- How to : Looping Video on iPod
- Opportunity Celebrates 7 years on Mars
- Making memories: Practical quantum computing moves closer to reality
- Detour ahead: Cities, farms reroute animals seeking cooler climes
- Bullying and suicide among youth is a public health problem
- City slicker or country bumpkin
- Origins of 'The Hoff' crab revealed
- Older males make better fathers says new research on beetles
- Research shows moves to ban pay-to-delay deals are justified
- Scientists discover new details about rice blast, a deadly plant fungus
- The discerning fruit fly: Linking brain-cell activity and behavior in smell recognition
- Key protein is linked to circadian clocks, helps regulate metabolism